Asbestos Information

Asbestos is a fibrous mineral and can cause life threatening lung diseases if inhaled.

Homes built before 1990 have a very good chance of containing asbestos materials somewhere in the house.

Asbestos was used in more than 2000 building materials before it was banned.

When disturbed, asbestos containing materials can release asbestos fibers into the air where they can be inhaled.

If you think you may have found an asbestos containing material in your home, consult an asbestos professional who can guide you on the next steps.

There are new guidelines that makes it almost impossible to pull building/renovation permits without proof that you have tested for and properly removed any asbestos found before work starts.

Most landfills will not accept demolition waste unless you provide a certificate saying it has been tested and is free of asbestos.